Poblacion Norte, Burgos Road, Ilocos Sur
Burgos is a fourth-class municipality in the province of Ilocos Sur, Philippines. Burgos came into existence in 1831 when Father Bernardino Logo was able to convert many natives into the folds of Christianity. The resulting town became Nueva Coveta. It was envied by its neighbors because of its peace and order, as well as its progress, since it sold its resulting products in places as far as Pangasinan and Tarlac.
Burgos became a township of Santa Maria in the latter period of Ilocos Sur's Spanish Era. It was later named in honor of Father José Burgos.